Friday, February 23, 2007

Note to self.....

WhooO HOO! We're in week nine! Baby Blob O'Brien is about the size of a grape-ish.

having a baby

Must. Keep. Eating.

Its not that I'm nauseous or anything, I just don't necessarily feel like eating all the time. That's what happened on Wednesday. I just really didn't feel like eating. Turns out that was a bad idea.

It was Ash Wednesday, and I was traveling with my boss to meet some new customers. Although a day of fasting and abstinence, pregnant women are exempt from those canon laws. However, being that people at work don't know I'm expecting yet, I decided to eat fish at lunch - and since Pat isn't pregnant, he made fish for dinner. I'm not really a big fish person. At all. Anyway, I only at half the Tilapia I ordered for lunch - it was good, I just wasn't feelin' it, you know?

So, 6 hours later as I was heading home, I started to feel kind of icky - like dizzy and stuff. I ate a banana that I had in my car, but by time I sat through traffic and got home I was feeling awful. Dizzy, irritable, headache - the works. But, I still wanted to go to church, so we walked the half mile to our local parish. I made it through the readings and distribution of ashes, but then had to go home. I laid on the couch as Pat cooked dinner, drinking some Sprite.....and finally started feeling better after eating some of the rice and green beans...but, again, I wasn't really feelin' the salmon....which I only ate couple oz of.

Anywho - so, not eating much = dizzy and icky. We're going to try to avoid that from now on....and as my mother says "Don't starve my baby!!!" because all grandchildren, by default, are also "her" babies :) My mom is so cute sometimes :)

No comments: