Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Making up for lost time

Egads! Almost 10 weeks already! Where has the time gone? Obviously, the thought that I actually have a little blob inside me is always at the forefront of my mind.....if not in conversations with people, then definitely in my thoughts. I'm not sure though, if I've actually had the time to enjoy it all. I've had so many other things that have occupied my mind space...like moving, learning a new job, adjusting to living with Pat, the wedding......and I guess I'm OK with it all. I'm very thankful that the pregnancy has been smooth enough where I haven't had to put that much energy into thinking about it.....so real huge issues or morning sickness or weight gain or anything. But I think as I move into the second trimester in the next month or so that will all begin to change.

For one, in more recent days I've been making up for lost time in the emotions department! It seems that I cry about everything (yes, a huge shocker, I know, being that I'm sooo not a crier......pwahahaha). I made the mistake of watching Oprah yesterday when she was opening her Leadership Academy, and I was a wreck! Also, Pat was able to make it home Sunday night so he could prepare for his departure on Monday early afternoon, and I was bawling because I didn't want him to leave again. OH, and there was the Iams commercial that made me cry because it was a Puppy in a pound who was a good Dog and just wanted a home and a family he could love. Crazy, eh?

The things that have been distracting me from the pregnancy will be over soon - just in time for my belly to start growing :) And by that time, there will be no denying that baby O'Brien is on its way!!!

No comments: