Sunday, January 21, 2007

Weekend Preggo Thoughts....Jan 20-21

20
Felt pretty good today – although it was the first day I really felt tiiiired. I had a full night of sleep last night, then took a 90 minute nap too! I'm hoping that I still go to bed at a normal hour tonight…

Boobs – feeling OK. Tummy – kinda sorta crampy, they come and go, but more or less OK. Nausea – still not really any morning sickness. There has been a bit of loss of appetite, apparently that's part of the morning sickness ralm. Definitely more food aversons…..today, it was Chorizo, waffles and butter popcorn flavor. EEEEEWWWWW!!!!!!! I walked into Home Depot, and it almost made my TOSS MY COOKIES. Kind of a bummer, because its really going to ruin the whole movie going experience if that continues. I mean, I can go without eating the gooey goo goo on my popcorn, but how can you enter a theater without smelling it? Oy Vei.

I can deal with aversions – because I can block out the smell and not hurl……I'm still crossing my fingers morning sickness holds off. I don't wanna barf, I don't wanna barf, I don't wanna barf, I don't wanna barf, I don't wanna barf, I don't wanna barf, I don't wanna barf, I don't wanna barf, I don't wanna barf. Get the picture?

21
I guess I've focused on more the symptoms of pregnancy, and not so much the physical changes. I suppose that's because I know I'm not going to get a bump for quite a long time – so the rest of it doesn't really interest me! On the pregnancy boards – that's what most people are talking about – how they are "feeling".

Well, today, as I was in the shower, I was able to take a good look at myself. I enjoy my weekend showers because of that – there isn't any big rush to get anywhere, so I can just take my time. I often bring in my pedicure/manicure stuff in there with me, so after I'm done showering I can just sit there and give my digits a little love.

Where was I – oh yeah, looking at myself. I did notice quite a while ago my nipples were darkening – even before I took the pregnancy test. As far as I know, this is relatively normal and is to be expected. I also noticed today, as I was admiring my girls, that this will probably be the end of them as I know it. It makes me pretty sad, since I'm a big fan of my breasts, and even though they've grown and sagged a bit, I'm still pretty fond of them. They have grown probably two inches (taking measurements at the nipple line) and they are definitely headed southbound, if you know what I mean. There's nothing I can do to stop it, so I am really trying to look at it in a different light. These breasts will be giving life nutrients to a Baby O'Brien in a matter of a few months, so how can I really look at their changes as negative?

I've also noticed a significant amount of veins towards the surface of the skin on my chest and breasts....this has been an issue of mine for pretty much ever – when I was super skinny I could always seen the veins on my chest – bright blue map lines. It seemed when there was a little bit more of me to love, the veins were not as apparent, but with my changing hormones and function they have come back again.

Something pretty cool I noticed today in the shower was the growth of my nails, on my hands and tosies. I've heard many things of people having super nail and hair growth once they are on pre-natal vitamins, but I'm not taking an official pre-natal yet....just a Woman's One-A-Day (checked out my OB/Gyn here). There is a definite change in the old growth, to the current growth – and the change is what I would assume to be occurring about a month ago. It looks healthier, I'm assuming, but we'll have to wait and see. I hope it is, because my nails have been rather brittle and icky as of late….it would be nice to be able to keep them all pretty and painted.

OK, so now the whammy of all changes. Um....I'm getting hairy. No, not in the normal places. My normal shaved hair is all growing back rather slowly since their last shaving....the problem is the rest of my body. OK, not the entire rest of it, but my boobs and belly. WTF?? No one told me I was going to turn into Chewbacca!!!! OK, yes, it is just peach type fuzz, and just blondie, but its definitely noticeable. And it kind of creeps me out!!! I'm hoping (and assuming) its normal, and not just an effect of the inseminator's hairiness....

I'm hoping I get my baby books tomorrow, so I have some good reading action :) that would make me pretty stinkin' happy!

No comments: