Friday, January 19, 2007

Preggers Jan 19

hmmm----my pants feel kind of tight, which is strange because I've actually lost a couple of pounds. Maybe its just bloat-ness? either way, its rather uncomfortable and I wish I could rush to Target and Old Navy to buy CUTE preggo clothes! I was looking online today and they are just too stinkin cute! And affordable too :)

Geez. My boobs. MY BOOOOOOOBS. Owie ZOWIE! no one ever mentioned the "tenderness" would border on TORTURE......

The light-headed-ness is kind of concerning to me. Its not to the point of passing out or anything, but I can definitely notice it. Maybe due to low blood pressure? or low blood sugar? I have a tendancy not to snack in the afternoons at work, and that is when it has seemed the worse so far....so maybe I should be snacking? I was reading somewhere that when woman passed out in the olden days that was a surefire sign she was all knocked up and stuff.....so maybe it just comes with the territory.

I'm relatively nauseous right now. I can do nausea. Its just underlying.....and so far no food aversions or all out barfing yet. I'm cool as long as there is no barfing. I really don't want to yak. I hate yaking. More than the next girl, I think. It makes me shakey and cry-ey and all around makes me an unbearable person to be around. Altoids help the nausea....but I'm trying not to eat all my Altoids before the 1st....that way if the morning sickness is bad, they will help with the drive. I can't find any altoids here at all......so I have to ration them. Orbit gum seems to work OK too - but the Altoids are just so much better. If I knew I was going to be all pregnant and stuff, I would have purchased more before coming back to Mexico. Hind sight is 20/20 though.

Re: baby names.....I'm happy that Pat O'Brien and I seemed to have moved past the butting heads about the names thing. I think broadening our name search to more than just Mexican names helped. Not sure why I was on that kick. The kids will be American first and foremost anyway.....

I'm still thinking it would be cool to have twins. Well, I was thinking that anyway. But then I had this vision of Pat & I walking on the beach with a kid between us...swinging the kid giggling with glee with every couple of steps. It would be kind of hard to swing two kids at once while walking on the beach.....so maybe one wouldn't be so bad. And with one, it would be more likely that we could still "get it on" right up until delivery date.....twins always bring complications and precautions......

I was able to talk to Beth today and tell her - she was so excited for me! (or as excited as you can be on IM :) ) She says a big giant MOZEL TOV to me and Pat...she's so cute :) Now I just have to hit Eunice - then Lisa and I'll be set until after my first appointment. still trying to decide what to do about that, by the way. On one hand, I want to get in there ASAP - but I don't think I want to go there alone........so I might have to do some arrangeing to fit Pat's schedule.......
My baby books are on thier way - they should arrive next week sometime. The sooner the better - I want to get reading!

OK - tis all for now. Until Monday......

No comments: