Sunday, April 22, 2007

E.

As in Elephants. Ernie. Equinox.

or.....

as in eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeoooooooooooohhhhmygodmyboobsaresohuge.

After suffering in discomfort last week I finally went to a maternity store today and purchased a sublime comfort maternity bra, specially made for huge knockers.

It was a 40 E.

Yes ladies and germs, somehow over the course of the last week I managed to not only outgrow half of my clothes, but also most of my bras - all while only gaining 2 pounds (although it feels like about 50). I started this out as a 38C - or maybe Dish in some styles. The great news (that's dripping with sarcasm folks) - they'll only get bigger.

The whole process was a bit overwhelming for me......it was like some kind of mental block I had about my boobs getting this huge. I've always been a big fan of my jugs - but this is just ridiculous. And I was so sad to get a bra that big. Its like it made the rest of my body all of the sudden ginormous.

The other issue I had was shopping by myself today. It just made me a bit depressed. I almost cried about four times - and I've never been one who was a big tag team shopper or anything....but it just felt so lonely today. My friends are far far away, and my mom and sister are too. So it was just me in the dressing rooms contemplating whether or not I was actually starting to look pregnant, or if it was all an illusion and I was just actually just fat and frumpy with ill fitting clothes.

It really isn't a good place to be when I should be celebrating the fact that my body is an amazing machine creating an actual life inside me right now. I guess its just hard to focus on that when you feel like your body is being morphed into some sideshow parallel universe version of yourself.

*sigh*

Such is the emotional roller coaster of pregnant life.

No comments: