Saturday, April 14, 2007

A-OK!

Pat and I went to the quickest OB appointment ever on Friday, and everything looks A-OK :) The doc stuck the dopplar on my belly, and we were able to hear our little blob's heartbeat right away....it was SUCH a great feeling! I didn't actually believe it at first, until the doc told me to take my own pulse and notice the difference in beats. Sure nuff, baby O'Brien was at around 150 bpm and mine was way way lower.

No real major discussions - here's a bit of what we discussed:

Weight: I still haven't gained any weight, but there wasn't much talk about that (its not that big of a deal yet).
Golf: I was worried that all the twisting motions wouldn't be too good for baby. But no worries! Since everything has been healthy so far, there aren't any restrictions. He did warn me that rarely does pregnancy help improve someone's game, so don't expect to be getting better anytime soon :)
Sex: After sex and/or an orgasm I get slight cramping, and although I've read in a million different places that its relatively normal, I just wanted to mention it to him so he was aware. Yes, it is very normal, and now he is aware.
Genetic Testing Results: I wanted to make sure he got the results of the testing. He did, and he mentioned there was a note that some of the results showed I had a potential risk for some fetal development issues (re: slow growth rate and such). But he's not worried about it - it might just mean a couple extra ultrasounds later on to make sure things are going well. Also, I had some more blood drawn to check for other potential abnormalities. Despite the hypochondriac that I normally am - I haven't worried one bit about the health of this bean. I'm definitely not going to worry about "potential" issues. Thats just silly.
The BIG Ultrasound: We scheduled it for May 16. This is the big ultrasound where they take a good look at the little dude, and usually determine the sex. Since we're not finding out the sex, it will be slightly less climactic.......but its always good times to see our little creation up on the screen. And, if we don't want to know the sex, then they don't tell the doctor either. I thought that was kind of funny.

Anyway, thats all the news for now :) Its good to know things are moving along as planned!

No comments: