Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Almost 2/3 of the way!

Today marks 24 weeks. I'm going to take some belly pics tonight, and probably post the full progression as well....

Monday I have my 24 week appointment - glucose test and the like! Apparently the flat orange pop they make you drink isn't as horrible as you'd think. It shouldn't be too bad. Depending on the results they determine if you're at risk for gestational diabetes or not. I'm not all that worried about it - although I've been eating some serious sugarliciousness as of late, more or less I've been eating well.

The belly button still hasn't popped out yet, but my uterus is definitely above it now - by a couple of inches. I feel baby kicks up there ALL the time (i.e. right now!). I think I don't have any poppage yet because I was chubby to begin with, so there's probably a nice big layer of fat between the uterus and the skin.....maybe I won't pop at all! Which wouldn't be too bad - some of the outie pictures I've seen kind of scare me!

I'm getting the baby's room ready, slowly but surely! We get to pick up the crib and changing table this weekend, so I've been trying to clean out as much unnecessary clutter as possible. Its a chore man! I've finally got our filing system figured out though, so that will help immensely with getting the clutter under control! I'll make another donation run to the Salvation Army too - we've given TONS away already this year! I'm very proud of us!

I also think we've narrowed down a shower date - which helps put my mind at ease too. It will probably be August 5 or 11. Hopefully we can sort it out for good this weekend. These past 24 weeks have just flown by - and to think our little babe will be here in just three short months is crazy! There is still so much to do!

No comments: