Wednesday, July 18, 2007

30 week update :)

Still no additional pictures from the shower - I'm hoping to get them developed today-ish or so. Its been a crazy week - what can I say! Here are a few of the books we recieved for the baby's library! Its steadily growing! I wasn't able to find images of all of the gifts - but man O geez there are some good ones :)


I had a check up last Friday, everything looks healthy, happy and normal. I start going to the doctor every two weeks now......that's kind of crazy, because it means "The Big Show" is getting closer. Eeek! We're totally not ready, and I'm rather freaking out about it. Not sure if this is "nesting" per se, but it certainly makes you think!

The doctor said we needed two things before our next appointment - a pediatrician and to pre-register for the hospital. We pre-registered on our way out, and were given a list of pediatricians the group recommends. Luckily, we found a group of pediatricians relatively close to us that is accepting new patients, so we're going to go with them first. I suppose I could go super thorough and "interview" the doctors and choose one out of the eight in the practice, but who has time for that? We'll meet one or two at the hospital when they do their rounds after the baby is born, and then rotate at the baby's million or so appointments its first few months of life.
I figure if the hospital trusts them enough to give a recommendation, then that's enough for me to trust them.

The other big thing we need to do is start really, seriously, looking into child care options. This is super scary - there are so many options and so many things that can go horribly horribly wrong. This is the part where I wish we were closer to family - there really wasn't ever day care for us when we were younger - it was just Grandma. Not that I would expect my mom & dad could watch the baby, but it would be nice to have that option with people you completely and whole heartedly trust. Anyway, I think we'll look into a couple recommendations of other parents, and then also look into a nanny. I'd love to have a nanny if the price is right - especially if its a Spanish speaking nanny......that would help my own Spanish skills AND that of our baby. We'll see if it fits into the budget. Of course, there is also the option that I would stay home, but that's pretty far down on the list right now. I don't think it would make sense - because I make such a good salary, great benefits, have such incredible flexibility and I really enjoy my job. But I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: