Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Week 11 - 203 days to go!!

Here's what pregnancy.org has to say about this fantastic week #11:
Your fig-size baby is now fully formed — measuring 1 1/2 inches long and weighing in at a quarter of an ounce. His skin is still transparent, allowing many of his blood vessels to show through. Some of his bones are beginning to harden. His fingers and toes have separated, and he may soon be able to open and close his fists. He's already busy kicking and stretching, and his tiny movements are so fluid they look like water ballet. These movements will increase as his body grows and becomes more developed and functional. As your baby's diaphragm develops, he may also start getting the hiccups. Because he's still so small, you won't feel any of his aquatic workouts or intrauterine gulps for another month or so.

And....from BabyGaGa.com:
Your little growing fetus is about the size of an apple this week, getting heavier all the time, and is learning lots of complicated behaviors like the swallowing reflex and coordinated response that allow them to touch their face. You're hopefully starting to experience a lessening of the morning sickness symptoms as the placenta takes over hormone production fully.

Crazy eh? Baby Blob O'Brien is getting bigger by the SECOND :) HA!

My appointment today at the neurologist went well. Apparently the numbness is fairly common occurance, normally attributed to drastic weight gain, trauma to the hips or back, pregnancy, or in my case, for no reason at all. And, its normal for it to worsen a bit because of being pregnant. So I'm not dying (HOORAY!). I'm just supposed to keep exercising and see if it gets any better or worse. However, I have to put an official ix-nay on the unning-ray, because it could make it worse. Not like I've been running much anyway (since its all of -2000 degrees outside). I'll still be doing the 8K for the Shamrock Shuffle - just much slower than everyone else!

So, how have I been feeling you might ask? Well, pretty darn good! I'm approaching the 2nd trimester, and that is pretty exciting, because it means we're 1/3 of the way done! WHOO HOOO! Time is just A FLYING by - its crazy! I'm still maintaining my weight, (down 1 pound overall) which is good, but I should probably start increasing my intake here after my next OB check in (next week). I haven't been eating SUPER healthy, but I have been doing my best to not pig out on junk food :) Despite the non-weight gain and water consumption (I drink at least 32 oz, but aim for 64 per day), I'm starting to feel rather bloated and huge at night. Enough so that I *have* to take my pants off at night and put cool pants on (cool pants = pj pants)...thank goodness for cool pants!

My dad and brother came by yesterday to pick up some things out of storage (I hope you're enjoying your new washer and dryer Mom!) and my dad was - CA-racking me up! He didn't want me to do anything!!! I would climb up to get something off the top shelves and he'd say "Should you be doing that? You should get down" or if I was carrying something he'd say "Are you sure that's not too heavy? You're not supposed to carry anything". Even at lunch I grabbed the tray with our sandwiches on that and he told Keith to carry it for me. It was so stinkin' cute! Maybe Pat should take some tips from Dad on how to take care of me :) I finally had to tell Dad that yes, I'm sure I was OK doing those things and assure him I was just pregnant and not handicapped.....but it was nice for someone to be concerned.

OK - the baby is hungry, so I must eat. There's some leftover pizza calling its name :)

1 comment:

Chana in TX said...

OMG - I am SOOOO HAPPY for you and Pat O'Brien. I LOVED reading this one - ESPECIALLY cause I know EXACTLY what your talking about with your dad...He wouldn't let me do ANYTHING!!! I didn't have morning sickness BUT I think HE DID!!! AND when I came home from the hospital, he carried me into the house....He is TOO-HOO FUNNY!!! Could you imagine if you live in the same city? I don't think you and Pat would have ANY privacy. Congrats again to the both of you